Thank you for deciding to volunteer at NEMM's Day of Service event on June 24th 2017! The following policies were created to maintain the safety and well-being of NEMM's mission, staff and volunteers. Please read them carefully before signing the Volunteer Application Form.
NEMM commits to:
- Providing adequate information, and assistance to volunteers in order to meet the responsibilities of their volunteering task
- Ensuring supervisory aid to volunteers and providing feedback on volunteer activity
- Respecting the skills, dignity and individual needs of all volunteers
- Being receptive of volunteer feedback regarding ways in which we might mutually better accomplish our respective tasks
- Treating volunteers as partners, jointly responsible for carrying out our NEMM mission
Your safety is very important to us. Please:
- Wear the provided safety equipment, such as gloves, goggles, dust, masks and ear protection as needed
- Wear appropriate clothing for your task, including closed-toe shoes in any work area
- Utilize proper lifting techniques
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Report any unsafe conditions to staff member or Team Captain
- Report any injury to a staff member / Team Captain right away
- Each kid under 16years old must be supervised by accompanying adult
- Bring food or open beverage containers into the work areas
- Block access to fire extinguishers or circuit breaker boxes
- Lift more than is safe for you
- Everyone must be treated with respect in order to be a safe and comfortable environment for all volunteers and staff
- Team Captain will brief you about rules and guidelines about the visiting organization. Respect and follow their rules.
- Volunteers must complete & sign the Volunteer Application
- Volunteers must follow sign-in and sign-up procedures
- Volunteers must take care of their belonging. Please leave your valuables at home.
- Organizations count on NEMM volunteers! Please let us know if you are going to be absent or late.
- We also encourage you to take a 15 minute break in every 2hrs of work
- Please make sure to clean up after yourselves in public areas
- Volunteers under the age of 16 must be supervised by a responsible adult
Alcohol, Drug, Smoking and Weapon Policy:
- Any volunteer under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave for the day
- Smoking is not permitted in work area
- Volunteers are also prohibited from working under the influence of any prescription drugs that may impair the ability to work in a safe and effective manner.
- No weapons allowed
- Each locations has their parking locations and policy. Make yourself aware of the rules. Check with Team Captain for carpooling options.
- Any violation of NEMM policy by a volunteer will result in a review of the policy being violated.
- NEMM reserves the right to ask volunteer to leave the place at any time if necessary to ensure the mental and physical safety of volunteers and staff.